Friday, November 18, 2016, 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Center for Civil and Human Rights, 100 Ivan Allen Jr Blvd., Atlanta, Georgia
The Diversity in Business Forum kicks-off the LGBT Institute’s weekend-long symposium. The Diversity in Business Forum is held in conjunction with a number or businesses and organizations who are committed to a state and region that welcomes all people. The day will end with a reception for all Forum and Symposium attendees. A tentative schedule to highlight potential topics is included below.
12:45 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.
1:00 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- Welcome & Keynote
1:30 p.m. – 2:15 p.m.
- The Role of Businesses Leaders in Creating Social Change
- The Rise of CEO Activism
- Gaps in businesses LGBT capacity/future needs
2:15 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- How to Grow Diverse Customer Bases and Impactful Employee Resource Groups
- Making the connection: academics/advocates/business
3:00 p.m. – 3:45 p.m.
- Millennial Mindsets Become Mainstream: What to Expect and Consider in the Changing Social Landscape
- Marketing in the LGBT and Ally Marketplace
3:45 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Closing and Networking
6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Opening Reception for the LGBT Institute Symposium at the Georgia State University Archives (open to all forum and symposium attendees)
- Address: Georgia State University Archives (Library South, 8th Floor, 100 Decatur St. SE, Atlanta, GA 30303)
- Parking ($7 fee): Available in G Deck located. See MAP.
Individual registration is $95. This includes light hors d’oeuvres and refreshments at the Forum and access to the Symposium’s opening reception that evening. Individuals may also purchase a ticket to both the Forum and the Symposium, which provides access to the entire Symposium Weekend, and breakfast and lunch on the 19th and 20th. Businesses will also have the opportunity to sponsor the forum and get a package deal on tickets (see Group Registration). Tickets and sponsorships are non-refundable.
The LGBT Institute is pleased to host our Diversity in Business Forum to explore how businesses in the South are navigating the terrain of inclusion in a time of increasing social change and acceptance of LGBT people.
Businesses are increasingly seeing the advantage of authentic inclusion and diversity, but face hurdles internally and externally. The forum will bring together corporate peers and experts from the field who can provide direction that can drive bottom line results, and strategic insight to support your diverse customers and employees.
Delta Air Lines, The Coca Cola Company, AT&T, First Data, Georgia Prospers, LGBT Business and Public Affairs Expert Bob Witeck, and more to come...
How does anti-LGBT legislation affect our bottom line?
What is the role of business leaders in creating social change?
How can businesses lead by example in an ever-changing social climate?
What are the most urgent needs of business in this space?
How do businesses position themselves within the growing “ally marketplace”?
Who Should Attend?
- Chief Executives and Chairmen, Presidents, Vice-Presidents
- Chief Operating Officers, Chief Marketing Officers, Chief Strategy Officers
- Chief Diversity Officers, Chief Compliance Officers, Chief Social Responsibility Officers
- ERG/BRG Leaders
- Business Employees
- Analysts and Consultants
- LGBT Influencers
- Change Management Leaders